Metal contamination in a finished glass product causes visual and structural defects. The Bunting range of magnetic separation and metal detection equipment is used at all stages of the glass making and recycling process. Typical applications include:
- Rare Earth Roll Separators to remove fine iron and paramagnetic minerals from raw materials such as silica;
- Overband Magnets to remove larger tramp iron from delivered raw materials;
- Drum Magnets to remove smaller tramp metal from raw materials;
- Metal Detectors to identify any non-ferrous tramp metal prior to entering the manufacturing process;
- Eddy Current Separators to separate non-ferrous metals (e.g. ring pulls, bottle tops, etc) from cullet.