Metal Separation Demonstrations for BMRA
Members of the British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) visited the Bunting-Redditch Customer Experience Centre to see the latest metal separation technology. The BMRA members were looked after by the Bunting team of Neil Rowson, Phil Tree and Joe Cetti.
“Hosting the BMRA provides the perfect opportunity to demonstrate our magnetic separators to metal recycling professionals,” explained Neil Rowson, Bunting’s Laboratory Manager.
The BMRA group included Susie Burrage, the President of the BMRA and Managing Director of Recycled Products Ltd.
The Bunting team demonstrated a wide range of equipment that included:
- The recovery of fragmented stainless steel on the SSSC Magnetic Separator;
- The separation of conductors and insulators (>2mm copper from granulated cable) on the ElectroStatic Separator;
- Small non-ferrous metal separation (copper and aluminium) on the eccentric rotor Eddy Current Separator;
- The use of XRF (X-ray fluorescence) analysis in metal recycling and the importance of representative sampling;
- Lithium-ion car battery pre-treatment – separating anode from cathodic materials using the Rare Earth Roll Magnetic Separator;
- Separating small batteries from vermiculite packing materials with APD and Rare Earth Drum Magnets;
“In our Customer Experience Centre we [Bunting] have metal separation equipment for the recovery or removal of large to very fine metals,” said Neil Rowson. “The demonstrations enabled the BMRA members to see what metal separation is possible and how the technology could be applied in their own recycling processes.”
The latest visit follows previous visits from the Young BMRA and European Metal Recyclers (EMR).
Related Recycling Articles
- Eddy Current Separator Pre-Shipment Material Tests
- BMRA’s Young British Metal Recyclers Visit Bunting
For further information on Magnetic Separators, Eddy Current Separators, and ElectroStatic Separators for metal separation in recycling applications or to discuss a specific project including undertaking tests in our Customer Experience Centre, please contact our technical sales team on:
Email: Gordon Kerr at GKerr@buntingmagnetics.com
Telephone: +44 (0) 1527 65858
Follow us on social media